A special place in Urgull is the cemetery of the English, one of the most peculiar and least known places in Donostia.
It holds the tombstones of different soldiers and officers that arrived as members of the British Auxiliary Legion to fight and die in Gipuzkoan lands during the Carlist Wars. It also holds the tombstones of the remains of the soldiers and officers who fell in the battle of 1813. Since the 1990s, when a small restoration was made, no other repair has been made to the sculptures or mausoleums of the abandoned cemetery, and they have been left to the mercy of the insatiable vegetation.
However, instead of lessening its charm, the Ivies and mosses increase the magic of a place that asks for a relaxing walk.
One of the green areas of the city, crowned by the figure of Christ. Takes care of all citizens.