WHAT YOU´LL DO
- Explore some of the villages where the film "Eight Basque Surnames" where filmes, you'll know Zumaia, Getaria and Zarautz
- English, French, Spanish, Basque
- On request (extra charge*): German / portuguese / japanese* / chinese*
WHAT TO EXPECT
Zumaia ir a village with “an special colour” full of magic and history from which we will start to discover the main spots where the film was filmed.
A guided visit to the naval villa of Zumaia. Starting with the Parish Church of San Pedro and carrying on with a little tour through the old part where we will see the buildings that describe the history of the village. A brief stop in “The Fountain” of San Juan for taking a picture.
We will continue with our visit in a magical place, the Hermitage of San Telmo, from which we make out one of the main scenes and the entry door to the Geoparque (UNESCO), the great geological heritage of Zumaia. We will know the evolution of the world in the lasts 110 millions of years.
At the foreseen time, we will move on to Getaria, a coastal village mainly known for being the native village of the seaman Juan Sebastián Elcano, the first man that went around the whole world. We will walk through the harbour among the ships looking for a ship called Sabino Hiru of the ship of the father of Amaia.
The restaurants where the fish is grilled are famous and also the white wine named “Txakoli of Getaria” which is originally produced in Geteria. We will enjoy the “antxoas” and the “tuna” cooked in the traditional way.
We will enjoy one of our treasures by having a guided visit to Getaria and visiting a “txakolindegi”
We will move on to Zarautz, which is in the coast of Gipuzkoa and the basis of the filming team. It is also the mecca of the surfists and the location where the basque cook Karlos Arguiñano has his hotel and his restaurant, where we will take a coffee at. Free time to enjoy the location.
Ar the foreseen time, we will return no te hotel
- A minimum of 2 people.
- With a private tour guide, the schedule, duration and activities can be adjusted to meet your needs.
- Please, provide us with any special request you have or eating intolerances.
- Cancel up to 15 days in advance for a full refund
- Cancellations between 15 days and 48 hours will be charged 50%
- Cancellations 48 hours in advance will be charged 100%