WHAT YOU´LL DO
- Discover Loyola, La Antigua and Arantzazu
- Live the route of the Three Temples
- English, French, Spanish, Basque
- On request (extra charge*): German / portuguese / japanese* / chinese*
WHAT TO EXPECT
Discover the Route of the Three Temples: From Loyola to Arantzazu through the San Ignacio Road.
As San Ignacio de Loyola did, visitants can follow the Route between Loyola and Arantzazu crossing La Antigua in GR-120, the Route of the Three Temples. This is the beginning of the Ignatian Way, which the Saint started in 1522 in a pilgrimage that brought him to Manresa.
Three temples, three styles, all of which with their own style, personality and legend. The Route begins in the Loyola Sanctuary, a place with great historical value in which the founder of The Company of Jesus lived his revolutionary change. The visit is individual so each person can enjoy the time they need.
In a natural terrace in the Beloki mountain located a few kilometres away, we will find the romanesque Hermitage of La Antigua which offer views of the industrial landscape of Urretxu and Zumarraga. La Antigua is known to be the Cathedral of the basque hermitages.
Last stop of the route. The legend of the Arantzazu Sanctuary went up to the XV century when the Virgin, hanged in a hawthorn, was showed up to shepherd. In the half of the XX century, this place turned into a laboratory of avant-garde art being a controversial and unique place.
- A minimum of 2 people.
- With a private tour guide, the schedule, duration and activities can be adjusted to meet your needs.
- Please, provide us with any special request you have or eating intolerances.
- We advise wearing comfortable shoes for walking through the old part.
- Cancel up to 15 days in advance for a full refund
- Cancellations between 15 days and 48 hours will be charged 50%
- Cancellations 48 hours in advance will be charged 100%