WHAT YOU´LL DO
- Visit the scenarios in which the seventh season of Game of Thrones has been recorded
- Explore interesting places of Zumaia such as "San Juan de Gaztelugatxe" and "Flysch".
- English, French, Spanish, Basque
- On request (extra charge*): German / portuguese / japanese* / chinese*
WHAT TO EXPECT
This will be a fantastic experience on the Basque Coast. We will meet in addition to the scenarios in which the seventh season of Game of Thrones has been recorded, two of the most important treasures on our Coast. “San Juan de Gaztelugatxe” and “Itzurun-Flysch en Zumaia”.
The first stop will be to visit Basque Coast Geopark. That is a little area located between the Cantabrian Sea and Basque mountains. There, a boat will be ready to pick up the group.
The thirteen meters of cliffs in the Geopark keep some spectacular rock layers formations called Flysch which as if it were an encyclopedia, shows us more than 60 million years of the Earth's history. Both geologists and tourists can walk through these cliffs or make a trip on a boat in order to travel back in time and to discover, as an example, the black thin layer which evidences an asteroid impact and the big dinosaur extinction that took place 65 millions of years ago.
On our way to the next location, you will be given free time to have lunch in Mundaka.
Then, we will visit San Juan de Gaztelugatxe. At the end of the stairway, you could place your feet into San Juan Bautista´s footprint and according to what it is said, it brings good luck. At the top, you will find a picturesque chapel as well as spectacular Cantabrian Sea views which have carved on the island several cliffs, tunnels and impossible arcs.
Once you have reached the top, do not forget to ring three times the chapel bell and make a wish. Formerly, people did that in order to ask for fertility and to drive evil spirits or headaches away. The bell is handy and easy to touch so, ringing it would be a catching activity for children and also for adults.
- A minimum of 2 people.
- With a private tour guide, the schedule, duration and activities can be adjusted to meet your needs.
- Please, provide us with any special request you have or any eating intolerances.
- We advise wearing comfortable shoes for walking through the old part.
- Cancel up to 15 days in advance for a full refund
- Cancellations between 15 days and 48 hours will be charged 50%
- Cancellations 48 hours in advance will be charged 100%