WHAT YOU´LL DO
- Enjoy Bilbao from a different perspective, the fusion of Bilbao and the extension of both sides right and left
- Enjoy the Vizkaya Bridge with its views and it working and the importance for both sides.
- Enjoy the different architectural types of the right.
- English, French, Spanish, Basque
- On request (extra charge*): German / portuguese / japanese* / chinese*
WHAT TO EXPECT
We will start the visit enjoying the arquitectonic transformation that supposed the building of the Guggenheim Museum and all the expansion district of Bilbao, to cross the river until we get to the “Bizkaia’s bridge” and also known as the Hanging Bridge of Bilbao. The bridge join Portugalete and Getxo, so it’s the perfect excuse to visit the medieval places of Portugalete and the castles of Getxo.
UNESCO declared it World Heritage Site some years ago and recognized its incalculable value. It was the first iron structured ferry-bridge in the world and it is considered the engineering wonder from that time, “dream of laminated iron”. It was inaugurated in 1893 and it has been in motion since then.
Whether from Portugalete or Getxo, we recommend taking the famous ship and crossing to the other side. You will see that is an exciting experience. You could not miss the extraordinary panoramic of the ria which you will see from the upper bridge placed in 45 meters height. In addition, if you are a curious person you will be able to get a close-up view of how the mechanism of the boat, cart, motors and hangers works.
After the visit, we will enjoy a unique version of both different architectural styles of the right side, mixing the basque architecture with the influence the basque architectures had with the european mainstream.
Before returning to Bilbao, we will take 2 pintxos with its drinks in the bars of the Old Harbour of Algorta and live as a sailor on earth.
At the foreseen time, return to the hotel.
*Advice: Get lost through the sandy areas and return to the city by subway
- A minimum of 2 people.
- With a private tour guide, the schedule, duration and activities can be adjusted to meet your needs.
- Please, provide us with any special request you have.
- We advise to wear comfortable shoes for walking through the old part.
- Please note that this tour is a culture and food tour. But, you will get a pair of local snacks as well as a cultural walk in order to learn about the Basque culture and gastronomy. Please note that you will not receive a full meal.
- Cancel up to 15 days in advance for a full refund
- Cancellations between 15 days and 48 hours will be charged 50%
- Cancellations 48 hours in advance will be charged 100%