WHAT YOU´LL DO
- Explore the charming villages of Getaria and Zarautz
- Visit a little workroom of canned fish placed on the port of Getaria
- Taste the menu of a traditional cider bar in the Basque Country
- English, French, Spanish, Basque
- On request (extra charge*): German / portuguese / japanese* / chinese*
WHAT TO EXPECT
Getaria is a traditional medieval fishing village which reflects its essence in the cuisine. This picturesque fishing village is situated in the Coast of Gipuzkoa. The fame of Getaria is due to its seafaring tradition which has led to excellent restaurants, beaches and docks. In addition, Getaria is the cradle of some historical figures as Juan Sebastián Elcano and Cristóbal Balenciaga.
We will visit the Cristóbal Balenciaga Museum and its new annexed building of the Aldamar Palace.
After the visit, we will enjoy a tour through the old part, walking by the medieval part and visiting the church of San Salvador and learning more about the naval heritage of the Basque Country.
We will visit the cannery which is located next to the harbour. Once inside the cannery, you will taste the best of Cantabrian Sea. That will be an unforgettable experience in which the customer will get a close look at the little workroom of canned fish whose specialty are the anchovy fillets in oil.
Afterwards, you will have lunch at a cider bar which is a representative type of restaurant in the Basque Country. To finish with this experience, in the afternoon you will go for a walk through the village of Zarautz. There, we will take a coffee in the restaurant of Karlos Arguiñano and see its hotel too.
CIDER HOUSE MENU:
- Codfish omelet
- Cod with peppers
- Chop and salad
- Cheese dessert with quince and nuts
Free time to enjoy the city
At the foreseen time, we will return to the hotel
- A minimum of 2 people.
- With a private tour guide, the schedule, duration and activities can be adjusted to meet your needs.
- We advise to wear comfortable shoes for walking through the old part.
- Please, provide us with any special request you have or any eating intolerances.
- Cancel up to 15 days in advance for a full refund
- Cancellations between 15 days and 48 hours will be charged 50%
- Cancellations 48 hours in advance will be charged 100%